Friday, December 13, 2013

Last Few Days of Boneh

It's already Friday, which means we move to Akko on Sunday! It's very bittersweet. While I'm excited to be living in an actual house in Akko with just my kvutza, I will also miss the other kvutza a lot. It'll be weird not seeing and talking to them everyday. I think it'll be good though-- I think my kvutza's dynamics will definitely change, but I think for the better. It'll be good to just be living with each other. Either way, it'll be a pretty big change. Small, isolated kibbutz to a house in a city! 

In the meantime we have been cleaning a lot. This weekend is a closed weekend, which means we have to stay on kibbutz and clean everything. I'm just about packed, but we still have to squeegee the moadon, the bathrooms, and the kitchen. 



We all moved our mattresses into the moadon to sleep because it's the only place in our house that is heated. Everywhere else is absolutely freezing. The insulation in our house sucks and whenever I leave the moadon I have to bundle up with hat, gloves, and jacket. It's also incredibly rainy outside too. Mud has been making its way into our house no matter how hard we try to clean it up. But that's winter in Israel-- lots and lots of rain.

Yesterday we had a Boneh Sikkum tekes, in which many people on workshop gave speeches, sang songs, and spoke about their experience on Boneh. Ariyeh, the 92 year old man who lives on Ein Dor and has been a guest speaker for us before was present, along with Chava, the woman who coordinated with Habonim Dror to allow us to live on this kibbutz. 









Last night after the tekes our kvutza watched The Incredibles and had popcorn, and we each got bowls of ice cream, warm homemade brownies, and half a bar of chocolate! Thanks to Aliyah and Micah for making it for us! 

The next time I'll blog will be from a
Akko, so look forward to a new post in the next few days!


No comments:

Post a Comment