Friday, April 18, 2014

Ein Gedi

With only a few more free weekends left on Workshop, Jess, Aliyah, Dan, and I decided to go down to Ein Gedi to relax by the Dead Sea and go hiking. On Friday April 4th, we took a sherut to Haifa, then took a bus to Jerusalem, and from Jerusalem we took another bus to Ein Gedi. We spent the day relaxing in the Dead Sea, and then set up our sleeping bags. While Dan and Aliyah napped, Jess and I read our books with the last bit of daylight that was left before the sunset. Once it got dark, there wasn't much left for us to do but get in our sleeping bags and just talk. Aliyah and I fell asleep pretty quickly, so the next thing I knew it was morning. 

The next morning we woke up, and walked to some of the nearby hiking trails. Within 5 minutes of the hike, I ran into a branch and got these really awesome looking scratches on my eye.



 We hiked for about 4 hours, saw the Dodom caves, and hung out in some waterfalls to cool off and take breaks. 
When we were done hiking, we celebrated with popsicles. Yay popsicles! Because it was a Saturday, the first bus to Jerusalem wasn't until 7 that night. That's alright though, because we all fell asleep on the bus ride home. It was a really nice weekend spent in a beautiful place with some of my best friends from Galil. 

     
Jess, Aliyah, Dan, and I

The Dead Sea that separates Israel and Jordan 

No comments:

Post a Comment